Custom Search

Me and my Family

Me and my Family

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Catching up!

Hello Again everyone! It has been almost two weeks since my last blog post. I have been so CrAZy with birthday parties, Doctors appointments, and and adjusting to Ben's new LONG work schedule. I have literally tried 3 times to write a post in the last week and SOMETHING has always needed my immediate attention. And honestly when I did have time at the end of the day to finish up what I had started here, I was so tired that all I wanted to do was chill out, zone out or sleep.

I guess we all have times in our lives like that. Times where the one thing we really want to get done or accomplished has to be pushed to the back of the list. We have obligations and commitments that take us away from our favorite hobbies or house projects. In my case, looking at what is on deck, it doesn't look like the hustle and bustle will end for quite some time. SO, I'm trying to adjust our normal life routine to a NEW normal. I have to find time for ALL of us to do the things we love and enjoy. Otherwise... we might all go nuts! I'll figure it out! It'll just take some time.

Catching you up on what's happened in two weeks would take forever. So, I'll just hit the highlights.

My Health:
The G.I. doctor says I have IBS. He has out me on several medications to get my stomach back under control. I won't have to be on them forever, which is great because pills are not cheap and our budget is tight. He did say however, that it won't ever completely go away. I will have good days and bad days. I will probably have to go back on them every now and then when I have a flare up.

He also referred me to a new Primary care doc. I saw her for the first time this week and I LOVE her! I feel I am in good hands and that things are turning around for me. Slowly, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

The Kids:
Things are wind down into summer mode. K's last day was Friday. I won't see him again until August when his mom goes back for teacher work week. Monday was his birthday and we had a little party for him. I decorated the house, made cupcakes and he got to open his gift. I invited my mom to come to the party too since it was also her birthday! (It was Ben's brother's birthday too, but he lives out of town.)

K loves super heroes. In particular he LOVES Iron Man. So, I found an Iron Man shirt for him. His response was priceless! I got him to try and re-create it for the camera. Of course it was funnier the first time, but you get the point. He loved the shirt!



Ruby has been loving this warm weather and the pool time that comes with it. She is my little fish! Most kids that I have seen her age are pretty timid when it comes to swimming. They usually don't like their faces to get wet or to go under the water. As you can see, Ruby LOVES the water. Our neighborhood has a swim team. Ruby saw them practicing the other day. She looked at me and said, "Mommy I do THAT!"  I had to explain that she had to learn to swim first. But from this video, you can see that she's not far from figuring it out on her own.





Bells and Ruby have one more week together before my sister-in-law is out for the summer as well. They are quite the pair.There are always coming up with some new princess/bad monster pretend game. I keep trying to catch it on camera, but they are too quick for me. It's so cute to watch them play together. I'm a bit worried that Ruby won't know what to do with out her "brother friend" and her "cousin sister friend." I'm certain that I am not nearly as fun as K and Bells. We've got a whole month of just the two of us. I'll give it my best try!

I'm so looking forward to a month of just being a mommy. I love K and Bells and will miss them, but I also love getting to sleep in and stay in my pajamas until noon. I love getting to focus just on what Ruby and I want to do for the day. I LOVE this time of year! The Pool, the beach, the lake... are you seeing a theme here? Happy Summer everyone!
















5 comments:

Mommyfriend Lori said...

You have been busy, I've missed your posts! To a long and lovely (and healthy) summer!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is my comment? I swear I responded to this! Just thought I'd come by to see if there was a new post. Been thinking of you. How have you been feeling lately?

Anonymous said...

Just so you know - YOU ARE MISSED! I keep looking for you. Hoping you and yours are well.

Mommyfriend Lori said...

I'm following you on Facebook but are you all done blogging? I know you are more than busy right now!

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Jessica!